The bathroom looks so wonderful. I wish you could all see it in person. These pics do not do it justice. Mom wanted me to pass on her deepest gratitude for those who made this possible.
I am so lonesome I can hardly stand it. I did finish tiling behind that toilet today but thought I would die in the process. I have been waiting for Doran to make one 3inch cut on some trim to use for the baseboard on the wall behind the toilet, but he is waiting for the weather to warm up more so he can use his saw and you know me - I am not a waiter - so I found another shorter piece of trim just to put against the wall so I could tile above it the other day and did the left side of the toilet by the outside of the shower. Today, I tried to finish the tile and found that it kept slipping down where the trim did not fit - kept moving the tile back up, only to have it slip more, gouged my knuckle, got into the worst sweat ever, bled all over the place, but kept struggling working from one side of the toilet to the other, with same results - lift the tile up the wall, run to the other side, lift that side up, to the other side to lift it up again - back and forth - finally got the farthest end up far enough to slip a small piece of trim under to hold that up, struggled some more - prayed a whole bunch without ceasing. What made it so extremely difficult was the part behind the toilet where I could not reach very effectively and the whole thing was just plain awkward. After 2 1/2 hours of blood sweat and tears, it is done - it should have taken me only 1/2 hour to complete the project. I sat for a long time afterwards before I could get up to eat something because I was in low bloodsugar, ate some lunch and am now taking it easy for the rest of the day. Eventually, I will clean up the mess I made in the bathroom.
4 comments:
I must get it from you - When I want something done, I want it done yesterday. If I have to, I will do it myself, even if someone could have done it an easier way.
Yeah, you better take it easy.
Thanks Bonnie, I was beginning to think you had forgotten. No one will ever know of the fixes I get myself into, but it is my way of keeping out of trouble. I wish I had a video of what I went through today. I still can't believe it myself. If it had been just 12" squares of tile it would have been so much easier, but it was 12x12 inches of mosaic, and I probably had to put in 100 spacers til I finally gave up. It is the only way you could possibly understand. Maybe some day I will be able to laugh about it. We do love our bathroom - thanks, everybody. WoW
It looks beautiful! I, too, wish I could see it in person! Ah, someday...
Sorry about your literal blood, sweat, and tears!
Love you! :-)
I had to chuckle! I don't think you passed that gene on to me...I'll wait an eternity if I have to for something to get done, as long as someone else does it for me! OK, maybe once in a while, I do something for myself...
Post a Comment